The battle of various content management systems is drawing to an end. Once and for all, WordPress is declared as a winner. For that, WordPress is the number one open source content management system (CMS) of the world.
The Hall of Fame CMS award — which it has won, defeating the powerhouses like Joomla and Drupal — is the testimony to that!
Why to use a Content Management System?
What prevented many small and mid-size businesses from entering the online arena is their lack of technical knowledge, and the fear of complete dependence on web developers and web designers for the maintenance of their websites. Business owners feared that their autonomy will be in danger, and IT (information technology) people will take control of their life.
The coming of content management system put an end to all these fears. CMS put the control of a website back in the hands of website owners. Now a website owner can decide when to add content and when not to, and what types of. An advanced CMS system allows you to add videos, audios, images, along with texts to your website.
Benefit of using CMS
- You get the ability to control your website. CMS put an end to over dependence on web designers and developers.
- You can add, edit, and delete your website content as per your wish (and even whim and fancy). There is no limit to how many items you can add, or how many times you can edit or delete your content.
- Learning curve is short, and not too steep. If you know how to work in a word processor (your age-old trusted friend Microsoft Word), you know the working of a CMS. You just need to learn a thing or two.
A content management system indeed is the way to go, and this is the route almost all the websites have taken in 2010. But that does not solve all problems. Now the problem is which one to use? There are so many content management systems — some paid, some open source, and some free to use.
Caimes Web is here with a solution to that as well, and the solution is the Hall of Fame CMS award winner WordPress.
WordPress – the Best CMS around
Starting its career as a modest blogging engine, WordPress has grown up to become a full-fledged content management system. And it is trusted by millions of website owners.
Many among the huge list of WordPress fans are universities, network television, and sports channels, etc. We also trust WordPress, as it meets all the needs of a business website. We prefer WordPress over others (Joomla, Drupal, and likes) because of the following:
- It is very extensible, thanks to the WordPress community. There are free as well as professional plugins that add all the desired functionality.
- Deploying, customizing, and beautifying WordPress is more efficient, which means faster turnaround time.
- The source code is continuously updated.
- Creating a framework on top of WordPress is comparatively easy.
- It is easy to learn, and easier to use.
We can go on and on talking about the various benefits of WordPress as a content management system, but we do not want to bore you, so concluding it with an invitation to click here to view our portfolio to see the kind of work we have done for our clients.